Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week #5




By stepping down Voltage Twice from Main-Substation 33KV/11KV ---------> 11KV/415V, we shall see the Meter (*o*). I assume that everyone has seen the Meter since it is spread everywhere (Homes, Malls, Universities ect..). For this reason; I’m going to share with you one of the most common electricity equipment that you may see in your life.



During week #5, the activity that I had been through was; Customer & Services activity. This activity was not really simple and it does not have so much going for site but if they do, they just deliver the electricity bills, customer problem, installing meter & interrupt the electricity supply if it requested earlier from customers. In general; Customer, Services & Metering activity are divided into to three criteria; Metering, Billing & Account and Customer Servicing. During week #5; I was going out with technician for Metering (*o*)


Metering Activity:-

A) Installing Meter.



1. Type of Meter
>> Electronic Meter.

Reads more accurate and gives more details about power consumptions in different unit

>> Mechanical Meter.


Read less accurate than Electronic Meter and gives only one unit of power consumptiom.


2. Type of Customer
>> OPC (Ordinary Power Consumer). Customers which consume a low power electricity .


3. Meter conduct 240V

4. Secure the Meter & Fusion.

>>Cut-Out Fuse (R,Y,B,N) locked by Plastic Secure avoiding electricity interruption from consumer


B) Physical Check.

1. Reading and Recording the Power Consumption KW/h.



Measure and check current out to indicate alive cable


2. Type of Customer
>> OPC (Ordinary Power Consumer). Consumers whom has a low cability of consuming electrical power


3. Discuss with customer if complaint occurs.

4. Secure the Meter & Fusion (Mentioned Earlier) .

After all, It was not truly a complicated job but it spent so much time. As I observed that we needed to visit every assigned building to achieve any of those activities mentioned above earlier. Even though this work is not really a hard job nevertheless; it require someone memorize road and address of buildings & houses in such a way to fulfill a complete work simply.

$$$$$$$$$$$

During Thursday (13/5/2010); it was a busy day for the company. Everyone was in rush and there were a meeting then. I had also assigned to Kedai Tenaga technician and I made an appointment that I should come next Monday & Tuesday (17-18/5/2010) to Kedai Tenaga in Putrajaya in such a way to start one of the remaining activities (^_^). Just wait for me; if I have been staying alive next week, I probably would have exposed about it (*o*). –In Sha Allah-


During Friday (14/5/2010), it was also an important gathering. It was remaining the TNBD staff about Cleaning the Desk office since next Monday TNBD shall be visited to check about the office and cleaning. We, all trainees, have also notified that "before we leave, we have to keep the meeting room clear and tidy". Besides; two of my trainee friends named ‘Mohd Azim & Fiera Ismail’ had just done their practical training for six-months :-o . It was really having a great (/^o^\) and enjoyable time with them and it was little bit sad :-( because they left us. I wish them BEST OF LUCK.

At the End; I’d met my host supervisor En.Lokman Bin Yusoff and I asked him about one-title of project (*^o^*). That project was under his direction and He started to give me some information and clarification about the title so that I could see whether I would be able to achieve the project under him or I have to select another title (^^;). I hope that I could fulfill this project! –In Sha Allah-

No comments:

Post a Comment